The SWIMAID is voluntary and non-profitable organisation for purely charitable
purposes. It caters to the necessities of the disabled people through
Aqua-therapy in order to rehabilitate those suffering from Poliomyelitis,
Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Paralysis, Amputation
Sensory Disability, Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, and mild Mental Retardation
etc. SWIMAID also extends its services to people with back problems, joint
reconstruction, arthritis, stress related injuries, sports injuries and
asthma etc. SWIMAID has been conduction special Aqua-therapy camps from
April to October every year since 1991. Till date more than 500 persons
have been benefited from its services, A good number of them have already
been transformed into Advanced Swimmers who now take part in Competitive
Swimming at national level.
SWIMAID regularly conducts research on the benefits of Aqua-therapy
especially on Physical, Physiological, Psychological and Social aspects.
The results of these research studies have been very encouraging and,
thus, guide us in the line of treatment. SWIMAID is determined to spread
the message of “Fight Disability Through Aqua-therapy” throughout
the length and breadth of India.
Through Aqua-therapy, SWIMAID
- Teachers the disabled persons to become independent and live again
as respectable citizens and equals partners in social, political, economical
and sports life.
- Facilitates their integration as active participants in nation building.
- Provides equal opportunities to the disabled to learn and compete
in games and sports.
- Protects their rights to exercises, be healthy and fit.
- Ensures their full participation in creative physical activities.
- Creates a barrier free environment for the disabled while teaching
Objects of SWIMAID
- To undertake all such Aqua - therapy related activities shall ensure
the prevention, treatment, care, maintenance and welfare of persons
affected by Poliomyelitis, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular
Dystrophy, Paralysis, Amputation, Sensory Disability, Hemiplegia, Paraplegia
and mild Mental Retardation etc. To also provide service to those with
back problems, joint reconstruction, arthritis, stress related injuries
and sports injuries.
- To educated and train parents, teachers, therapists and public in
special methods and techniques of Aqua - therapy.
- To organise Clinics, Seminars, Wrokshops and Conferences on Aqua -
theraphy for the benefits of those affected and their parents, therapists
and special teachers.
- To conduct and promote research on the utility of Aqua - therapy and
to invent new means and methods for better and quicker treatment of
- To set-up and maintain Aqua - therapy Centres.
- To organise and conduct swimming competitions and galas for disabled
persons at National and International levels.
- To send teams of disabled swimmers to various competitions in India
and Abroad and to depute technical officials for such Competitions,
Clinics, Seminars, Workshops and Conferences.
- To maintain contact with other such organisations whose aims and purposes
are of benefit to SWIMAID.
- To render technical guidance for the construction, maintenance and
supervision of Aqua - therapy Centres.